Monday 15 April 2013

Topshop Hidden Treasure - swatches and review

I've had this polish in my stash for at least two years without trying it so today it was about time I tried it ;) Yes, it's another Chanel Peridot copy ;) but it's been a while since we saw them so I hope you can enjoy it a bit ;)
Below you can see my first attempt to take pictures of a duo chrome polish under water :) It was a bit tricky but it sure captures the duo chrome effect better!



GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT HIDDEN TREASURE:

Type of polish: Duo chrome.

Colour: A metallic duo chrome that shifts in gold/bronze/green/blue.

Opacity: Very good! This is two coats.

Formula: Very good! A very nice formula which is easy to apply. Dries a bit slowly though and you have to apply it with light brush strokes in order to avoid streaks. I also recommend you to use a good base coat or a ridge filler because this polish reveals everything on your nails...

Brush: Very good! Perhaps a bit soft but it's still wonderful to work with.

Shine: Very shiny on its own so I have no top coat in these pictures.

Accurate colour, photo vs IRL: Accurate. Depending on the lighting this polish can be everything from gold to blue. Mostly it shows its gold colour and if you tilt your hand that gold turns into green. I only saw the blue colours when I took the under-water-pictures.

Grade: 3/5 :)

I really don't like these gold/green duo chromes and I don't really know why I bought this one ;) I can't however ignore the beauty it shows under water and that's why I gave it a 3 :) If it hadn't shown it's hidden treasure ;) of blue I guess I'd given it a 2 or a 1... But now it's off to a new and hopefully better home! ;) 

Do you like Hidden Treasure?
Do you have any other Peridot copies or dupes?

16 comments:

  1. oh my goodness that is a stunning polish, I am in LOVE :) Amazing photo under water, I would never have guessed :p
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men så snyggt! Liknar en skalbagges rygg...
    Detta är väl en dum fråga: Men hittade du det där lacket på topshop på Sergelgatan?
    Brukar gå ner dit och kolla på deras lack, men hittar aldrig något snyggt som det där*pekar uppåt*.

    Med vänlig hälsning
    /Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Eva! Det finns inga dumma frågor!! I alla fall inte på min blogg! ;)
      Jag hittade det här på Topshop i London och det var för flera år sedan. Jag tror tyvärr inte det säljs längre. Kolla på typ ebay, amazon och tradera! Det kan ju vara någon som vill sälja sitt ex!

      Delete
  3. Oh, your first picture is amazing ! It's so beautiful ! I have Jessica Iridescent Eye as a dupe for Peridot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's really pretty. Makes me think of peacock feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nu när det varit lite Peridot vila är det bra att vi blir påminda om hur enormt snyggt det här är!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gud va fiiin!!! Men passar nog inte min fina ansikte heller B-) btw vart ska den få bo nu nånstans? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Den ska till en bloggerska som gillar Peridot-kopior :)
      Gillar dy den?? Jag trodde inte dy gillade såna här gyldiga lack...? ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Oj, herregud vad snyggt! Inte sett det här för. Måste snart skaffa mig en peridot dupe. Tyvärr är orginalet lite dyrt för mig :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi hon, such a beautiful shade!!!! Beautiful swatches :-)!!!! I don't own any Peridot like polishes - they look a disaster next to my skin ;-). I hope your week started well - Take care and viele Küsschen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jag kommer att ta väl hand om flaskan, jag lovar:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible effect, it looks like a beautiful beetle bug! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!